- Maceration Operation that lets a fragrance settle after the addition of alcohol to obtain optimum olfactive quality. Maceration for one week to two months also eliminates the odor of fresh alcohol.
- Mass Physical method of analysis which gives the precise Spectrometry identification of the molecules in a mixture. Often used to complement chromatography.
- Maturation Time the concentrate is left to macerate in alcohol.
- Mille fleurs Bulk mixture of fragrant product waste.
- Molecular distillation Fractionate vacuum distillation technique using a selected solvent to obtain the separation of a specific part of an essential oil.